Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tool Time at Costco!

In a complete 180 from my last few posts on ‘girly’ products like makeup and shampoo, today I am going to tell you about some amazing deals on tools, starting with power tools.

At the Leesburg, VA Costco I found a Rockwell “3Rill” 12V cordless 3-in-1 Impact Driver Power Drill (item #771491). According to the manufacturer’s website (RockwellTools.com) this drill (model RK2515K2) boasts three different modes: an 800 in-lb. Impact Driver mode, a dual speed (Hi & Lo) VSR Drill mode and a Screwdriver mode with 22 different clutch positions. What is VSR you ask? Why it stands for Variable Speed Reversing which essentially means you can switch the drilling direction from clockwise to counter clockwise while running the drill at any speed, from 0 rpm all the way up to its max speed, which is 3000 rpm. In the box you get the drill, two Lithium Ion batteries, one 30-min quick charger, three hex shank bits, two screw driving bits and one carrying case. Scouring the internet I came across this same item selling anywhere from $129.99 at theHomeDepot.com to $99 on Amazon.com and Lowes.com, but Costco’s low selling price of $69.97 will save you 29%-46% off the retail price! While I did not purchase this item myself (my husband assured me we do not need another power drill), I did notice that the reviews listed on all three of those websites were very high. Note: Item #771491 is not available on Costco.com.

I also came across two different sets of hand tools by Craftsman. The first is a 150-piece Mechanics Tool Set (item #767782) that includes: two ratchets, 92 standard and deep sockets (in inch and metric), two extension bars, one adapter, eight wrenches, once magnetic handle, 12 nut driver bits, 20 screwdriver bits, 11 hex keys, and one spark plug socket all inside a hard plastic storage case. I found this exact same item selling for $129.99 (+ $13.49 shipping & handling) on Amazon.com but with Costco’s selling price of $99.99 you can save 23% off the retail price! I also found a similar, but not identical, 154-piece Mechanics Tool Set is available for sale on Craftsman.com but for $127.49.) Note: item #767782 is not available on Costco.com.

Last but not least is a Craftsman 10-piece screwdriver set (item #772880) that includes: four slotted blade tip screwdrivers (aka flat head screwdrivers), three Phillips blade tip screw drivers and three Torx blade tip screw drivers that are color coded for easy recognition. Amzaon.com is selling this same set for $12.84 but Costco’s price is only $7.97! The Costco price is less than $1 per screwdriver and 37% less than the retail price. Note: item #772880 is not available on Costco.com.

While Costco doesn’t have nearly the selection of tools that Sears does, what they do have comes at a great price. If you need a new drill or some new tools or even if you just want a new drill and some new tools, run out to your local Costco before these items are gone.


Until next time,
the Costco Connoisseur

#GoingToAllTheCostcos


P.S. - Selections and prices listed above will vary from different Costco locations.


Follow me on Twitter! @CostcoConoiseur
Follow me on Instagram! @theCostcoConnoisseur

3 comments:

  1. Thank's for tips & sharing. Everything I fully expected of these tools. Great review! I found this post to be very informative and helpful. I will have to recommend you to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to replay in my comments, I am very happy. Thank's

    ReplyDelete